Run the Rocks is a signature fundraising event of the American Lung Association in Colorado. This one-of-a-kind 10K, 5K and family fun run is held at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. More than 32,000 people over the past 16 years have come together to run this iconic park, enjoying Colorado’s local live music and supporting the work of the American Lung Association to LIVE AND BREATHE COLORADO.
You can register online by choosing the Register option above and specifying your participation type (Team Captain, Join a Team, or Participate as an Individual).
The 5K (and fun run) is open to all participants. You will have as much time as needed to complete the course. The 10K run is open ONLY to runners who are able to finish a 10K event in 90 minutes or less. Please adhere to these guidelines when registering.
- 5K and Fun Run = $30.00
- 10K = $40.00
- Child = $15.00
- 5K = $35.00
- 10K = $45.00
- Fun Run/Walk = $35.00
- Child = $15.00
- 5K = $40.00
- 10K = $50.00
- Fun Run/Walk = $40.00
- Child = $25.00
- 5K = $50.00
- 10K = $60.00
- Fun Run/Walk = $50.00
- Child = $25.00
The money you raise will help support critical American Lung Association Colorado programs to address clean air and lung health through education, research and advocacy.
- A team consists of a Team Captain and any number of team members, from four people to four hundred. A team may have more than one Captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or an organization), or Friends & Family (meaning that they are a group of people from the community).
- Money raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team’s fundraising total.
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. The event provides a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Teams provide a support system for members during their training and fundraising efforts.
- A team provides great motivation to reach personal fitness goals while enjoying time with others.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness for clean air and lung health.
- Teams can win great prizes for spirit, fundraising and participation!
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization. Learn more about Corporate Team Sponsorship Opportunities.
- No! The registration fees are per individual. There are no additional team fees.
- To create an even more memorable experience, teams may invest in team t-shirts or memorabilia, but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
Have a passion for Run the Rocks and love to serve as a leader? Team Captains gather together family, friends, colleagues and their community to participate in Run the Rocks. Every Team Captain will lead their team differently with their own unique perspective and approach, but some typical responsibilities as a Run the Rocks Team Captain include:
- Encouraging recruitment throughout your network.
- Setting and achieving a fundraising goal.
- Personalizing your Team fundraising page, as well as your personal page.
- Encouraging your team members to update and personalize their fundraising pages.
- Send emails to other friends, family members and colleagues to have them join your fundraising and recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate day-of excitement like team t-shirts and/or pre-event breakfast.
- Lead training runs and walks for your team to prepare for Run the Rocks.
- Coordinating socials for your team to connect before and after the event.
As a participant, you have access to great online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor progress. Customize a fundraising page for your team, and have each member of your team create theirs as well.
We'll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment and fundraising.
Your development team staff will provide tools to help you plan socials, kick-off meetings, training runs and informational session for you and your team members. Please reach out to CEvents@lung.org for more information, or give us a call directly at (303) 388-8708.
Many companies will offer to match an employee's contribution to a charitable organization. You can ask your HR department about your company's policy, or use our company search tool to discover basic information for many company policies.
Use our company search tool below to see if your company offers a matching gift program, as well as find information on how to get started.
While we always encourage participants to use their Personal Fundraising pages, checks and donations may be mailed to the American Lung Association in Colorado office:
Run the Rocks
c/o American Lung Association in Colorado
5600 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Ste. 300
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
**In the memo line, please be sure to include who the donation should be directed towards, and (if possible) their team name**
- Packet Pick-ups. Save time on event day. Avoid lines. Pick up your bib and shirt early.
- Friday, October 7th: TBD
- Saturday, October 8th: TBD
As a non-profit organization, the American Lung Association in Colorado considers the registration fee and pledges a donation to Run the Rocks. Thus, we do not offer refunds and registrations are non-transferable.
Due to increased traffic into and around Red Rocks Park, additional measures are in place to ensure road safety for our runners and walkers in each wave and category. Please note that the Entrances to the Park will close from 8 am.