THE LUNG FORCE WALK IS GOING VIRTUAL!
Beginning Monday, August 31 the LUNG FORCE Walk Buffalo is launching our first virtual event! We want to assure participants, volunteers, and staff planning to attend American Lung Association events that their health and safety is our top priority. Because of this we’ve decided to make the LUNG FORCE Walk Buffalo a virtual event.
From August 31 - October 2, we encourage you to head outdoors to one of the many beautiful parks throughout Western New York for your walk. Same mission, just a different place to walk.
- Action Passport - Each week, we will release a fun challenge or activity for participants to complete as a part of our virtual Action Passport. By completing each challenge, you are entered to win prizes!
- LUNG FORCE Walk Facebook Group - Participants are asked to post photos of their challenge completions in our LUNG FORCE Walk Buffalo Facebook Group for the chance to win prizes. Join our Facebook Group to interact with participants, receive updates and view challenge releases!
Why Do We Walk?
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of women AND men.
- More than 35 million Americans are currently living with a chronic lung disease.
- COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that is especially deadly to those with underlying lung conditions **please switch the order of these two bullets to THIS order.
So join us today and be a part of the FORCE to defeat lung cancer and lung disease one step at a time. When you make a self-donation of $33 or more, you will receive a LUNG FORCE Mobile Ring.
Sign up today to join in on our virtual event! Each week, we will release a new challenge to complete your Action Passport. These interactive activities help spread the message and the mission of the American Lung Association and promote your team and personal fundraiser in the community. Submit your completed virtual passport by October 2nd for a chance to win challenge prizes. We will announce our challenge winners, top fundraisers, top teams and more during our closing remarks on October 9th.
Be sure to join our LUNG FORCE Walk Buffalo Facebook Group for updates, fun challenges and to share photos of your Action Passport activities!
Is there a cost to register?
There is no registration fee. The LUNG FORCE Virtual Walk is a fundraising event and all participants are encouraged to raise funds. You can kick off your fundraising efforts by making a $33 self-donation toward your fundraising goal of raising funds to make a difference in the lives of those who struggle to breathe because of lung disease and lung cancer.