Teams come in all sizes - just four or more people make a team! There are all types of teams involved with the Run the Rocks event: corporations, friends, co-workers, and families build teams to Run the Rocks for all those who have been affected by lung disease.
Once you register, you will have access to terrific tools to help you have a great team experience.
What is a team?
- A team consists of a captain and a minimum of four additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends, or Family.
- Monies raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team’s fundraising total.
Does forming a team cost more?
- No; the registration fees and fundraising minimum is by individual. There are no additional fees.
- Teams may invest in team shirts, team incentives, team memorabilia, but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
Are teams more fun?
- Teams generate enthusiasm before, during, and after the event.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness of healthy lungs and air as well as the programs we offer.
- Teams provide a support mechanism for members during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. The event provides a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
- Teams can win great prizes for spirit, fundraising and participation!
What tools are in place to assist the Team Captain?
- Web Tools: As a participant, you have access to great online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor progress. Build a web page for your team and have each team member create a personal page, too!
- Emails: We’ll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment, organization, and fundraising.
- Internal kick offs and informational meetings. We’ll work with you to have a memorable team kick-off.
Some key things you will have access to when you register:
- On-line fundraising the proven way to collect donations quickly.
- Materials to download
- Stories to share about the incidence of lung disease—and real life examples of people who have benefitted from our programs and services.