To make this year’s event as interactive as possible, we’ve created a Reach the Beach - Oregon Strava Club! Strava is a free application you can download on your smart phone to track your miles as you cycle in support of the American Lung Association. You can use the app to directly track your miles or connect your GPS device to the app and it will sync to hold your mileage data. The Reach the Beach - Oregon club has a leaderboard which lists everyone’s mileage Monday - Sunday and will reset every week. Check and see where you stand in comparison to the other cyclists!
While tracking your mileage is encouraged, it is not required to participate in Ride Your Way!
Here is how to download Strava on your smart phone:
1. Go to your app store and search “Strava”
2. Select “download” to begin process
3. Once the app has downloaded, open it up and create an account (username & password)
4. When the app is open, select “Explore” and then select “Clubs” and search for “Reach the Beach - Oregon”
5. Select “Join Club”
6. Connect your GPS devices to your account OR utilize the Strava app to track your miles!
7. Your miles will be automatically transferred to the Reach the Beach - Oregon club and your stats will appear on the leaderboard as you ride.