Even as many of us are staying socially distant, there are still many ways to connect with your riding community like the Reach the Beach - Washington Strava Club! Strava is a free application you can download on your smart phone to track your miles as you cycle in support of the American Lung Association. You can use the app to directly track your miles or connect your GPS device to the app and it will sync to hold your mileage data. Besides tracking your mileage, you can do so much more like share photos of your route views, compete for the Club Leaderboard each week and enter in different riding challenges.
While tracking your mileage is encouraged, it is not required to participate in Ride Your Way! Please only join the Reach the Beach Washington Strava Club if you have registered for the Reach the Beach event so you can fundraise for a tobacco-free future and win incentive prizes.
Here is how to download Strava on your smart phone:
1. Go to your app store and search “Strava”
2. Select “download” to begin process
3. Once the app has downloaded, open it up and create an account (username & password)
4. When the app is open, select “Explore” and then select “Clubs” and search for “Reach the Beach Washington”
5. Select “Join Club”
6. Connect your GPS devices to your account OR utilize the Strava app to track your miles!
7. Your miles will be automatically transferred to the Reach the Beach Washington club and your stats will appear on the leaderboard as you ride.