If you have questions about COPD Educator Course, here's everything you need to know.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can register online by choosing the Register option in the navigation at the top of this page. Registration will close after Monday, October 2, 2023.
Registration confirmations will be emailed, so be sure you select to accept email notifications in order to receive your email confirmation and other official course communications.
The registration fee is $300. All registrations received by August 31 will have an early bird discount of $25 off automatically applied. The registration fee includes up to 14 hours of continuing education credits, all digital course materials/handouts, placebo devices for patient education, and access to session recordings for 30 days post-event. Full payment must be received with your registration.
The COPD Educator Course is designed to meet continuing education requirements for a variety of healthcare professionals. Presenter objectives, qualifications, and a certificate of attendance will be provided to each registered attendee. Your attendance is tracked using your unique platform login. You will only earn CEU/CME credits for the live stream presentation of each topic that you attend. See event day information for more details about earning CEU’s/CME’s.
- Respiratory Care: This program has been submitted for up to 14 hours of Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100, Irving TX 75063.
- Physicians: Physicians” section/paragraph and replace it with: This activity is being submitted for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Please check back soon.
- Pharmacy: It is recommended you check with your local licensing board, as pharmacy requirements can differ from state to state. PRA Category 1 CME (described in the above “Physicians” section) is acceptable for many pharmacists.
- Nursing: It is recommended you check with your local licensing board, as nursing requirements can differ from state to state. PRA Category 1 CME (described in the above “Physicians” section) is acceptable for many nurses.
It is the licensee's responsibility to determine whether a current certificate, a continuing education activity or a professional activity meets the continuing education requirements of your licensure. The Certificate of Completion you will receive has a section for health care professionals to outline / document how this training benefitted or fulfilled requirements of your licensure.
Currently, there is not a nationally recognized COPD Educator credentialing exam or COPD Educator Certification. The completion of this course does not result in a credential, designation, or accredited certification. This course is a comprehensive training providing 14 hours of continuing education to healthcare professionals. All registrants who participate in the live stream event will receive a Certificate of Completion as proof of attendance.
Registration fee is refundable less a $50 processing fee for any cancellations received before September 30, 2023. After September 30, 2023, substitutions are permitted. If you can no longer attend the program but would like a colleague to substitute in your registration, please contact us.
All attendees who are registered the Monday before the course (October 2) will receive an email that day which will include an access link to the course portal. All digital course materials, including copies of the presentations and the course handbook, will be available for download in the platform. In addition to the course participant handbook and slides, the portal will include patient education videos and handouts. As part of the registration fee, all participants also receive a few placebo devices for patient education. These placebo devices will be shipped to the address you provide during registration. This is the only physical item that is shipped to participants. All other course materials are accessed digitally. Placebo devices will be shipped out starting the week of September 25th and on a rolling basis for new registrations thereafter.
- Placebo Medication Devices: To ensure the devices are mailed to the correct address, you must include a complete shipping address under the "Additional Information" section during Step 1 of registration. You will be asked to "enter the address where you want your course materials shipped." This is especially important if your shipping address is different than the billing address associated with the credit card you are using for payment.
If you are paying with a company card and want your toolkit shipped to your home, be sure to enter your home address in the mailing address field provided during registration.
If you are paying with a personal card and want your toolkit shipped to your office/clinic location, be sure to enter your office/clinic address in the mailing address field.
Placebo device toolkits are for your use for patient education after the course and it is not necessary to have during the event. Toolkits will be shipped beginning the last week of September and the first week of October.
Attendees should plan to be available for the course on all three course dates from 10am Central Time to 4:15pm Central Time. Brief (10 to 15 minute) breaks are built in between sessions each day, with one slightly longer break half-way through the day.Because this event is offered nationally and we will have attendees from several different time zones, the longer break may not fall over your lunch hour. There is no specific break for lunch. Please plan accordingly
View the detailed agenda here.
Please contact event manager Lisa Gebhard.