Teams come in all sizes - just four or more people make a team! There are all types of teams involved with the event: corporations, friends, co-workers, and families build teams to climb for all those who have been affected by lung disease. Once you register, you will have access to terrific tools to help you have a great team experience.
What is a team?
- A team consists of a captain and a minimum of four additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends, or Family.
- Monies raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team’s fundraising total.
Does forming a team cost more?
- No; the registration fees and fundraising minimum is by individual. There are no additional fees.
- Teams may invest in team shirts, team incentives, team memorabilia, but those costs are at the discretion of the team or supporting company.
Are teams more fun?
- Teams generate enthusiasm before, during, and after the event.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness of healthy lungs and air as well as the programs we offer.
- Teams provide a support mechanism for members during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- Teams provide a way for people to come together. The event provides a common goal for team members to rally around.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
- Teams can win great prizes for spirit, fundraising and participation!
What tools are in place to assist the Team Captain?
- Web Tools: As a participant, you have access to great online tools that you and your team members can use to register, send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor progress. Build a web page for your team and have each team member create a personal page, too!
- Emails: We’ll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with regular emails tailored to help you with recruitment, organization, and fundraising.
- Internal kick offs and informational meetings. We’ll work with you to have a memorable team kick-off.
Some key things you will have access to when you register:
- On-line fundraising the proven way to collect donations quickly.
- Materials to download
- Stories to share about the incidence of lung disease—and real life examples of people who have benefitted from our programs and services.