Day of Event Details
Event Day Schedule
Thank you for joining us for the 17th Fight For Air Climb Detroit. This is the current schedule of flight start times for each event. Flight times are scheduled approximately every 20 minutes. Climbers will also be emailed an Event Week Guide the week of May 15 with everything you need to know about Climb Detroit this year. In the meantime, please see the additional information below and on the FAQ page.
- 8:00 a.m.: Ultimate Climber: Power Hour
- 9:20 a.m.: First Responder
- 9:45 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.: Firefighters
- 12:00 p.m.: Elite Climbers
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.: Climbers
Full Event Day schedule is subject to change.
Final flight times will be based on the number of participants in each event. Climbers will receive their flight start time no later than Wednesday, May 17. Please see the Route Map information below.
Volunteer Orientation on Zoom
Join us on May 16th between 12:00 - 12:30 PM for a brief orientation for those volunteering during Event Week for Climb Detroit. Attendance is not required, but we’ve found this to be a helpful platform to go over the big day and answer any questions you may have. This meeting will be recorded and shared via email to check out at your convenience. Click here to register or join the Zoom call.
Volunteer opportunities are still available for all ages with individuals and groups welcome.
To sign up as an Event Day Volunteer, click here to register online as a team member or individual, then select VOLUNTEER as your participant type. Climbers and Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer during Event Week. Click here to see our Pre-Event Volunteer opportunities and sign up.
Preliminary Volunteer Roles Assignments and Shift Times are Now Available.
Event Day Details:
The Flight Time for Walk On Registration for each participant type is as follows:
- Ultimate Climber: Power Hour - 8:00 a.m.
- First Responder: 9:20 a.m.
- Firefighter: 11:00 a.m.
- Climber: 1:55 p.m. (Must register before 1:30 p.m.)
Flight times for Fight For Air Climb - Detroit have been posted!
- Packet pickup will be located at our Southfield Office on May 19 from 4:00 - 6:30 PM, and on May 20 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Event Day Packet Pickup available at Comerica Park, Rocket Mortgage Entrance. Please plan for additional time to check-in, turn in additional funds, pick up your packet and shirt, and return any items back to your vehicle if needed. There is no re-entry to the park, so be sure to leave anything you don’t want to take with you in your vehicle upon entering.
- The forecasted high for Detroit on event day is 70 degrees and partially sunny. The event will take place rain or shine!
- Appropriate attire: We suggest you wear comfortable clothing, appropriate for an intense cardio workout, and proper shoes. We are Climbing rain or shine so please come prepared. You are also welcome to wear your official Fight For Air Climb t-shirt or your own team t-shirt.
All routes are the same as last season.
View the description and route map for each participant type here.
Friends and family are welcome to join Climbers on Event Day! Guests will have a great view of Comerica Park and can join in the celebration on the Pepsi Porch. Drinks and light concessions will be available for purchase (please note Comerica Park is a cashless venue).
Volunteer opportunities are still available on Event Day and during the event. Register online to Volunteer on Event Day or to sign up for our pre-event opportunities click here. Climbers are also welcome to volunteer on event day too contact us to learn more!
To ensure the safety of all climbers, please be courteous while climbing. If you need to pass, please make sure to pass on the other side of the handrails.
Firefighter Challenge participants are timed during their Climb at Comerica Park and wear full structural firefighter personal protective equipment. Participants are current full-time, part-time or volunteer or retired firefighters. The annual challenge recognizes the Fastest Firefighter Team, Top Fundraising Firefighter Team, and Top Fundraising Firefighter.
Learn more about the annual Firefighter Challenge.
Water stations will be located along the route, including the start and finish line areas. Climbers will be permitted to carry a plastic water bottle while on the route. While outside food and beverage is not permitted, guests may bring one factory-sealed, clear plastic bottle of unflavored water per person.
Climbers are welcome to learn more about Comerica Park’s policies.
Trained medical personnel will be located throughout the venue in case you need assistance. Volunteers will also be available at the water stations.
Climbers must be at least 7 years old to participate. Any climber under the age of 18 must climb with an adult (age 18 years or older) and must not be left alone under any circumstances. For adults who climb at a faster pace, please note that your child may not be left unattended while you climb, so make arrangements accordingly. Due to venue regulations and to ensure your safety and that of your child, child-toting is not allowed.
The Fight For Air Climb is all about the challenge. Climbers and teams challenge themselves to complete the climb, raise money, beat the clock, and be the best. While raising money to fight lung disease is our top priority, we know all our climbers and teams work hard to meet whatever challenge they set for themselves. Your Climb Detroit Event Week Guide released in mid-May will include full details for age group and fundraising awards.