Jump to Section:
Cycle For Air is one of the American Lung Association’s signature fundraising event series. The Autumn Escape Bike Trek is one of several Cycle For Air events that take place throughout the country to support the Lung Association’s mission. Your participation will raise the funds necessary to help provide life-saving lung health education, research and advocacy efforts.
Trekker Check-In is at Camp Burgess on Saturday, September 23 from 7 to 8 a.m. An optional Early Check-In will be available on Friday, September 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. for riders staying nearby the night before the ride.
The two-day ride is approximately 100 miles long and the one-day ride has both 25 and 55-mile options. View the full route details.
Checkpoints with volunteers are set up approximately every 10 to 20 miles. Take a break, use the restroom, snap a team photo, refill your water and refuel with plenty of snacks and other refreshments!
Volunteer medical personnel will be on-hand to provide basic medical services. In case of emergency, support vehicles will provide transportation for medical care. However, you’ll be responsible for the cost of medical care and transportation beyond the emergency services provided by our volunteer medical personnel.
Volunteer personnel are available along the route each day of the ride. They’re there to assist you and make sure the route is as safe and well-marked as possible. If you need assistance, simply raise your hand high with a closed fist and a support vehicle will be over to help you. Make sure to also stick to the marked route. It’ll make the Sweep Captain’s job easier!
Overnight accommodations at Camp Burgess are provided for two-day riders (included in your fundraising minimum). Cabins are equipped with electricity and have restrooms and showers located nearby. Participants are welcome to coordinate their own lodging, but transportation to and from offsite accommodations will not be provided by the American Lung Association.
- ANSI-approved helmet (required)
- Drivers license or other form of identification
- Cash/credit card
- Patch kit/extra tubes
- Charged cell phone
- Water bottle
- Rain gear
- Emergency medical information (located on back of your bib number)
- Prescription medication
For the weekend:
- Sleeping bag/pillow
- Insect repellent
- Riding clothes for each day
- Clothes/shoes for evenings
- Flip flops for showers (towels provided)
- Plastic bags for wet garments (Tip: newspaper helps for drying shoes!)
- Playing cards/games
- Cash/credit/check or phone equipped with Apple Pay for AEBT Merchandise Store
- Power strip
- Portable cell phone charger and extra charging cordsv
- Labelled decorations/lawn chairs for Trek Tent City tent (if your team raises $3,000 or more by September 14). Learn more about Trek Tent City here!
Yes, there is a minimum fundraising requirement of $500 per person for two-day riders and $250 person for one-day riders which covers all meals and accommodations. Cycle Your Way (virtual) participants do not have a fundraising requirement, but must raise $250 or more to receive their event t-shirt.
Participants have until event weekend to meet their minimum fundraising requirement. Participants who have not met their fundraising requirement on event day will need to pay the outstanding amount in order to participate in the ride.
No, the registration fee does not apply towards the fundraising minimum. Please contact Nicole DeVito if you would like to brainstorm fundraising ideas.
Donations can be sent to the American Lung Association office:
Autumn Escape Bike Trek
c/o American Lung Association
260 W Exchange Street, Suite 102B
Providence, RI 02903
If you are part of a team, please be sure to include your name and team name.
A matching gift is where a company matches an employee's contribution to a charitable organization, like the American Lung Association. Make your donations go even further with a matching gift today!
Use our company search tool below to see if your company offers a matching gift program, as well as find information on how to get started.
If your company is not listed, contact your Human Resource department for more information because some companies without a formal program may still match your gift.
Thanks to the generous support of people like you, the American Lung Association saves lives by fighting for healthy lungs and healthy air. Today, our fight is more important than ever, and 86 cents of every dollar raised by our organization goes directly to education, research and advocacy.
A team captain gathers together friends, family and co-workers. Each team captain helps guide their team members, from online registration, to setting and achieving their fundraising goal, to seeing them through to the finish line. Being a team captain is a fun and rewarding experience. Are you ready to make Every Mile Count? Register as a team captain today.
- Ideally, a team consists of a captain and a three or more additional team members.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Community, or Friends and Family.
No, the registration fees and fundraising minimum are per individual. There are no additional fees for creating a team.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association to raise funds and awareness of healthy lungs and air.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
- Opportunity to participate in Trek Tent City and have your own team tent to decorate!
Yes! We have several tools available to help team captains: from creating a team page, to helping additional team members register to join the event, and to ensuring your team fundraising goal is met.
- Mobile App: Download our mobile apps for Apple and Android devices to fundraise and communicate with your teammates on-the-go!
- Emails:We'll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with email templates that are tailored to help you with recruitment and fundraising.
- Internal kick-offs and informational meetings: We're happy to work with you to have a memorable team kick-off to get your team all fired up!
Our local staff members are here to support you and your team with any questions. We are here to help you be successful in your fundraising efforts and to have FUN!
Trek Tent City is the heart of the excitement at Camp Burgess on Saturday during the Autumn Escape Bike Trek! After riding, join us for a festival-style celebration where we set up tents for our top fundraising teams and sponsors to decorate and select the Most Spirited Team to receive an award during the Spirit of the Trek Mission Program. Learn more here!
If you have other questions, please contact our Special Events staff.