Day of Event Information
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 13, at Pier 16! Let’s walk through the event day details.
Please arrive at the Walk by 9:30 AM to check-in or register.
Check out our Everything You Need to Know About Walk Day resource for full event day resources!
Schedule of Events
- 9:30 a.m. Day of Registration, VIP Check-In, Incentive Pick Ups, Mission Tents & Exhibitors Open
- 10:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony & Fitness Warm-Up Hear stories from LUNG FORCE Heroes and learn how your involvement in LUNG FORCE is helping the American Lung Association to make lung cancer and other lung disease history.
- 11:00 a.m. Ribbon Cutting & Walk Start
- 12:00 p.m. Party on the Pier! Return to Pier 16 to celebrate the Walk’s success during an after-party!
Parking and Driving Directions
Pier 16 at South Street Seaport
167 John St
New York, NY 10038
Throughout the tents, you will be given a Spirit Pom to wave with pride as you walk. In this small, spirited way, we can recognize loved ones who are currently struggling with lung disease as well as those we have lost.
LUNG FORCE Action Passport
Visit each of our mission tents to learn more about our mission, show your support by interacting with our exhibitors, and participate in our warm-up to complete your LUNG FORCE Action Passport! All participants who complete their Action Passport by completing all six activities will be entered into a raffle to win a special prize!
LUNG FORCE Heroes and Champions
We salute and remember our LUNG FORCE Heroes! They include people living with or a survivor of lung cancer, COVID-19 or another lung disease, and those we have lost! LUNG FORCE Champions are caregivers, family members, friends or co-workers who know or have lost someone to lung cancer or another lung disease.
Our Heroes and Champions can share their powerful voices on our website! These real-life stories help raise awareness and educate the public about what it’s like to have lung cancer or lung disease. Heroes may be asked to share their story at a LUNG FORCE Walk Kickoff event, Corporate Recruitment event and/or on Walk day.
Check out our Heroes and Champions tent on Walk Day for fun activations and your Hero gift.
If you're interested in becoming a LUNG FORCE Hero, please contact Emily Amitin. We invite you to Share Your Voice and also read about other people's moving experiences.
A LUNG FORCE Walk wouldn’t be complete without our interactive Mission Tents and activities.
- Breathe Deeper: Complete some lung health trivia or take the “One Breath Test” and see how far you can blow up a balloon in just one breath!
- Build Our Force: Post your photobooth picture to social media!
- Raise Your Voice: Share why you’re walking or honor someone in your life living with lung cancer or lung disease. Remember a loved one lost by emailing us their photo to include on our Never Forgotten FORCE wall and writing a message in their memory on Walk Day.
- Take A Stand: Sign a petition to promote better lung health. Details will be shared on Walk Day.
Break Out Your Turquoise!
Turquoise — the signature color of LUNG FORCE is a bright and uplifting color. It symbolizes the atmosphere and our breath. Wear this color to the Walk and join us in creating a sea of turquoise as we raise our voices for lung health for all! The Walker with the most creative turquoise outfit will win a special prize.