COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The health and safety of all participants is of utmost importance. Here are the health and safety protocols WTS Organizers will be putting in place on-site at the conference:
- All participants, vendors, and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Health self-assessment Feel Sick? Stay Home
All participants, vendors, and staff must do a health self-assessment before attending the event:
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours (unless due to seasonal allergies)? Fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss or taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. If you answer yes to any of the above, you cannot attend the event.
- Have you recently been exposed (unprotected in close physical contact) in the last 3-5 days to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19? If so, you will be unable to attend this event.
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days or are you currently waiting on results of a COVID-19 test? If so, you unable to attend the event.
- Participants, vendors, and staff will be required to wear a face mask in all conference meeting spaces, except when eating or drinking.
- Acceptable masks include: procedure (a.k.a. surgical) masks with at least 3 layers of fabric, KN95, KF94, or N95 masks.
- Single layer cloth masks, bandanas, face gaiters and shields may not be used.
- Face masks will be available prior to entry, for attendees that do not bring one.
- Presenters can take their mask off when presenting as long as spatially distanced.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- The program will be livestreamed to a secondary, on-site meeting space.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
- We will use increased safety and hygiene practices for staff.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event.
If Someone Gets Sick
- COVID-19 rapid tests will be available on-site upon request for attendees feeling unwell.
- We will follow established response protocols, including isolating the individual with symptoms, connecting them with medical care if needed, and notifying conference attendees.
Questions or Concerns? Contact us at WTS@lung.org.