With nearly 37 million people affected by lung disease in the US, each and every dollar raised will support lung disease research, educational programs and advocacy efforts. We need your help today to ensure there is a future free of lung disease with healthy air to breathe!
We are working hard to ensure healthy air for all Americans, and a brighter future for all that are affected by lung disease. But we can’t do it without your help. Every step, every dollar is essential to support research, programs and advocacy efforts.
Here are some surefire tips to help kick your fundraising efforts into high gear:
- Make a Donation and Ask Friends & Family to Match It: When you make a personal donation of any amount you’re comfortable with, you are demonstrating your commitment to the cause and it will encourage others to donate with confidence.
- Make it Personal: If you have a personal reason for participating, share your story on your personal page and with prospective donors.
- Download the App: Available for Apple and Android devices, the LUNG FORCE app is an easy way to update your personal page, send pre-crafted donation requests, check your fundraising progress, and track your miles all from the palm of your hand. Check out our LUNG FORCE Run/Walk App Guide.
- Get Social: Create a Facebook Fundraiser to let everyone know about your participation in the LUNG FORCE Run/Walk. Also, check out our How To Create A Facebook Fundraiser guide to start you on your way!
- Use our Fundraising Tools: If you’re stuck or need some LUNG FORCE materials, help is just a click or a phone call away.
- Ask for Company Support: Many companies offer matching gift programs in which the company will match an employee's contribution to a charitable organization. Contact your human resources department or use our matching gift tool to find out if your workplace qualifies.
LUNG FORCE Run/Walk Incentives
Anyone who raises $150 or more qualifies for additional LUNG FORCE Run/Walk incentives. If you prefer to forgo your incentive to ensure all of your donations go to support research, education and advocacy efforts, you can decline your gift post-event.
All individuals who make a self donation of $35 or more will receive an American Lung Association champion-blue luggage tag.
LUNG FORCE Leaders
If you’re ready to take your fundraising to the next level, you could become a LUNG FORCE Leader! LUNG FORCE Leaders are individuals that raise $500 or more and help make a significant difference in the lives of people impacted by lung disease and will receive special benefits on Run/Walk day. See our current list of top fundraisers.