On behalf of the American Lung Association and more than 258,000 people in Maine living with lung disease - welcome to the Cycle Your Way Virtual or our Actual Trek Across Maine.
This year, we’re taking the Trek Across Maine inside, outside and around the world! We're moving onward and upward, safely and responsibly, so that we can make an impact now to ensure a healthier future for all.
Why we Trek
- More than 36 million Americans suffer from chronic lung disease.
- From 2019 to 2022, e-cigarette use skyrocketed among high school e-cigarette users (from 2.4% to 55.8%) and middle school e-cigarette users (from 3% to 43.8%).
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of men and women in the United States.
- Asthma is the 3rd leading cause of hospitalization among children
- More than 4 in 10 people live where pollution levels frequently make the air too dangerous to breathe.
In this Toolkit
You'll find all the tools and tips you’ll need to prepare for the Virtual or Actual Trek experience within this toolkit! With your help, we can continue to fund more research, impact more policy initiatives and expand our reach in the community with life-saving education and programming.
- How to use your Participant Center
- How to use our Cycle For Air mobile app to get started tracking your mileage and raising funds to earn incentives
- How to stay connected with us and other Trekkers through social media and e-communications
- Fundraising Tips & Incentives
Thank you for your ongoing support of the American Lung Association and please reach out if you have any questions. Thank you for making Every Mile Count!
Your Trek Across Maine Team,
Gale, Sarah, Emily, and Chrystal
TOOL KIT COMING SOON!