Training & Resources
Use your Participant Center to help meet your fundraising goal! Click on the picture below to view our short HOW TO VIDEOS that will guide you through logging into your center to sending out that first email or check these simple, powerful fundraising tips to find out how easy fundraising can be.
The American Lung Association is committed to helping you make your climb as enjoyable as possible. Mountaineering is a physically challenging activity and we'll help you train, so you're ready for the experience of a lifetime. Actively participating in the training hike program will help you prepare for your climb. A complete schedule of all training hikes will be posted in the Climber Center and available upon registration.
"Setting foot on the summit of Mt. Hood was the most
demanding and rewarding things I have ever done."
David Boyce, Mt. Hood, 2008
Training Program includes:
- An exclusive training packet written by a local mountaineering fitness expert and past CFCA participant, with a monthly gym-based workout plan for the physical conditioning needed to climb a mountain.
- Several months of guided conditioning hikes in Oregon and Washington (Gear Essentials).
- Snow-field night hike and other mountain specific training opportunities.
- Hands-on training from qualified professionals on mountain safety and proper alpine climbing techniques before the climb.
- Day-long outdoor mountaineering school where professional guides teach and participants get to practice glacier skills and techniques necessary to climb glaciated terrain.