2022 Firefighter Awards Categories
Team Awards Include: Fastest Firefighter Team and Top Fundraising Firefighter Team
Individual Awards Include: Fastest Firefighter Male/Female in Full Gear ages 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Gear to Be Worn
To qualify for firefighter awards, participants must adhere to the Firefighter Division gear requirements:
- Air Tank
Firefighter Things to Know:
- Any equipment that you take onto the course must make the trip to the finish with you. No gear may be discarded at any point of the course.
- Drink plenty of water during the event to stay hydrated.
- Firefighters will climb in the last wave of our event. Wave times will be sent out as we get closer to the event, and know how many participants will be involved.
The Impact of Lung Disease on Firefighters
- Respiratory diseases remain a significant health issue firefighters and emergency responders
- In the line of duty, firefighters may experience occupational exposure to gases, chemicals, particulate and other substances with potentially damaging short- and long-term effects on the respiratory system
- Firefighters are at a higher risk of developing chronic issues, including lingering cough, hoarseness, asthma, and allergies and in more extreme cases, may be diagnosed with lung or bronchial cancer
Why firefighters should participate in the Fight For Air Climb:
- Helps build stamina
- Excellent way to build upper body strength
- Healthy competition with other fire stations
- Access to training location
- Builds physical and mental confidence
- Increases lung disease awareness, leading to earlier detection
- Great time to build community’s trust in their fire department