Turquoise Takeover Week Calendar
Sunday, May 8th:
- First Day of Turquoise Takeover week! Each year, we turn the nation our signature color - turquoise - and tell the stories of those affected by lung cancer to provide hope to all those affected by the disease and save more lives. Join us by turning turquoise this week and lending your support! Unite with us as we raise funds to support critical advocacy, education and research. Tag us @lungsofla in selfies wearing your best turquoise apparel!
- Kick off Turquoise Takeover by visiting and liking our South Florida Lung Association Facebook and Instagram pages to help celebrate our LUNG FORCE Heroes. Tag a Mother in your life impacted by lung disease or share a photo with #LUNGFORCEHeroes.
Monday, May 9th:
- Miami Cancer Institute hosts a special Employee Awareness event for lung cancer, to educate, spread awareness and promote American Lung Association and its efforts.
Tuesday, May 10th:
- Join us for a special Turquoise Takeover Yoga Class from 7PM 8PM, hosted by Bright Drop Yoga! Available in person and virtually. Purchase tickets HERE.
In person event located at South Side Cultural Center
701 S. Andrews Ave.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Suggested donation of $10. Zoom link will be provided Monday morning for those who registered ahead of time. Don’t forget to wear turquoise!
Wednesday, May 11th:
- Lookout for some unexpected fun when Memorial Cancer Institute hijacks our social media pages! Be sure to check it out at @LungSOFLA
Thursday, May 12th:
- The day starts with our social media being commandeered by We Florida Financial!
- At noon, Dr. Mark Dylewski, Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Miamic Cancer Institute will be presenting an excellent webinar on the importance of lung cancer screenings. Register for the webinar HERE.
- Join us at the Lungs 4 Las Olas Bar Crawl to unwind from 5:30PM -8:00PM! This event is FREE, and has only 60 spots available! Complementary light bites and beverage provided. Click HERE to register.
Friday, May 13th:
- Shop for a Cause provides an excellent opportunity to raise funds for lung cancer awareness and research, while also engaging in a little retail therapy! We’re thrilled to have J. McLaughlin, Lilly Pulitzer, Kendra Scott, and Robinson’s Jewelers joining us for Turquoise Takeover this week by donating a portion of their sales to the American Lung Association.
Robinson's Jewelers on Las Olas. 11am-9pm. ALA shoppers will score a 15% DISCOUNT on all purchases during this time and 10% of the purchase will also go back to the ALA. Win-Win!
J.McLaughlin on Las Olas. 2pm - 6pm. 15% of every purchase will be donated back to ALA! You can also call your order in at 954-530-9710
Lilly Pulitzer on Las Olas. 2pm-6m. 10% of every purchase will be donated back to ALA!
Kendra Scott in Dania Pointe plaza. 20% of every purchase will be donated back to ALA! You can also place an order online today AND tomorrow (May 14) at https://www.kendrascott.com/. Please use code: GIVEBACK-BZKBB to ensure your purchase is included in the give-back.
Saturday, May 14th:
- Last day of Turquoise Takeover! We are so honored to be able to host this event and share the important task of raising awareness of lung cancer with so many incredible people!
- LUNG FORCE Virtual 5K Run/Walk! Host your friends and family for a LUNG FORCE 5K Run/Walk in your own neighborhood or park. Get your virtual race bib, take pics along the course. Tag us @LUNGSoFla. $100 min fundraising earns a fundraising incentive and collectible T-Shirt!