Fundraising Tips & Incentives
With more than 36 million people affected by lung disease in the US, each and every dollar raised to support research, programs and advocacy efforts is needed and appreciated. Raising money can seem intimidating, but once you get started, you'll be surprised by how easy it is. You never know who will surprise you with a donation which is why you want to let everyone you know you are participating in Run the 'Rocks! The easiest way to raise funds is to customize your personal webpage and share it over email, Facebook and other social channels. Get started in your Participant Center now!
Want to know how to get the most out of your online fundraising efforts? Follow these five steps to success:
- Make a Self-Donation. Kick start your fundraising today and show your donors you are passionate about the cause!
- Customize your Personal Fundraising Webpage. Share why YOU Run.
- Send Emails to Friends, Family and Co-Workers. Ask them all to donate to your fundraising efforts by using one of the pre-written emails available to you or write your own.
- Fundraise with Facebook. Share why you Run on Facebook, and ask your friends to support your efforts.
- Have fun with it. Keep your friends, family and co-workers up to date on your training, your fundraising success and ways the American Lung Association is spending the money you raise on mission activities.