Walk Your Way
It's Your Walk. Your Way.
Looking for a different challenge?
Walk Your Way is the perfect adventure for walkers not able to participate in person. Choose a personal challenge for you, whether that be walking or running outside in a nearby park, or hiking your favorite trail. It's jumping rope or jumping jacks. It’s your challenge, your way.
As a Walk Your Way participant, you and your team are an important part of the LUNG FORCE movement. No matter when, how or where you participate, you will be active alongside a large community helping those impacted by lung cancer and lung disease. Let's start moving!
Tools to help you complete your Run/Walk:
How you complete your Walk Your Way challenge is up to you, but we have some tools and tips to help!
Free LUNG FORCE App: New Activity-Tracking Feature
The new 2021 version of the free LUNG FORCE app is here: iPhone/iPad | Android. This year, you can track activity and steps, in addition to fundraising and connecting with friends and family about the Run/Walk.
Walk Your Way Activation Week
Sunday: Show Your Support
1. Download and update your Facebook profile picture with our LUNG FORCE Border.
2. Start a Facebook Fundraiser in your Participant Center by following these simple steps.
3. Download the LUNG FORCE app. Available for iPhone/iPad | Android. NEW! You can now track your steps on the LUNG FORCE app and complete challenges!
Monday: Build Our Force
1. Share your personal donation link with your network via email, text message, or social media post. Ask 10 friends to donate $10. You can even use the LUNG FORCE App! Available for iPhone/iPad | Android.
2. Make a self pledge of $33 or more and you will receive a sports scarf. Your connections are more likely to donate when they see that you have also given a personal gift.
Tuesday: GO Turquoise It’s Turquoise Tuesday
1. Post a selfie in your best turquoise gear using #turquoisetuesday #turquoisetakeover and share with your followers what lung health means to you.
2. Download and share your “Why I Walk” bib.
Wednesday: Enjoy a Laugh
1. Follow us on Tik Tok @americanlungassociation.
2. Create a funny video and use the hashtag #laughing4lungs.
Thursday: Take a Stand
1. Take a stand and tell your senators and representatives in Washington, D.C., that everyone has affordable, adequate and accessible healthcare. We've drafted an email to Congress, all you need to do is fill out your info and send!
Friday: Give Thanks
1. Thank everyone who has donated to your fundraising efforts so far.
2. Thank a healthcare worker who has gone above and beyond while helping those with respiratory illnesses.
Saturday: Break a Sweat
1. Record 36 minutes of activity in recognition of the 36 million people affected by lung disease. You can do anything from walking, running, biking, climbing, yoga, jumping jacks, and more!
2. Track your 36 minutes of activity on the LUNG FORCE App. Available for iPhone/iPad | Android.
Download the Walk Your Way Activation Week Guide to view all these great activities!