Frequently Asked Questions
Cycle the Seacoast is one of the American Lung Association’s signature fundraising events. Your participation will raise the funds necessary to help provide life-saving lung health education, research and advocacy efforts.
Yes, this is a family friendly event! All children ages 7 - 17 must be accompanied by a parent or adult legal guardian on the same route at all times. Child and guardian must both meet the fundraising minimum in order to participate. The minimum fundraising for 17 and under is $100. All children between the ages of 7 and 9 must be on a tag along or tandem bike. All children 12 and under will only be permitted to ride the 25 mile route at Cycle the Seacoast.
72 Pease Blvd.
Newington, NH 03801
All cyclist, volunteer and spectator parking is at Sig Sauer (72 Pease Blvd) which is around the corner from the Cisco Brewers Portsmouth. Parking volunteers will be passing out blue parking passes when you arrive, please make sure to display them on your dash in clear view. There will be a shuttle available to help transport people from Sig Sauer to Cisco Brewers Portsmouth or you may walk or ride your bike over.
The 2021 Cycle the Seacoast route maps are available for your use! These routes start and end at Cisco Brewers Portsmouth. Feel free to ride the originally planned route if you would like to. This is not required to participate in this year’s event.
GPX Route Files:
Itineraries (turn by turn):
- You can register online by choosing Register and specifying your participation type. Then follow the prompts to complete your registration. Please feel free to reach out to event manager Melissa Walden with any questions.
- You have the option to register as an individual, join a currently existing team or create a team. You may be added to a team at a later date by simply contacting ALA with your request.
- Registration fee of $35 is due at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You will receive your 1st packet mailing within two weeks of registration starting January 1st. If you do not receive this packet within two weeks, please contact us to resend it.
If you have to drop out of the ride pre-event, simply contact us to let us know. Your registration fee cannot be transferred to another rider or to the following year. If you have pledges in your account, they may be transferred by calling the ALA - 207-624-0312.
- Every individual riding Cycle the Seacoast is required to raise $200 ($100 for ages 7 - 17, $400 for Family of 4 (2 Adults/2 Children)) in order to participate. This also applies to all individuals that are part of a team.
- Donations are accepted online via credit card or through mailed checks (accompanied by a pledge sheet) to the ALA office:
American Lung Association
Attn: Cycle the Seacoast
122 State Street
Augusta, ME 04330
No, the registration fee does not apply towards the fundraising minimum. Cycle the Seacoast registration fees do not go towards fundraising minimums and are non refundable and are non transferable. Please contact Melissa Walden if you would like to brainstorm fundraising ideas.
Check out the "rules of the road" bike safety information located on the Bike-Walk Alliance of New Hampshire website: https://bwanh.org/rules-of-the-road/
- All cyclists are required to check in with the ALA prior to the start of the ride on Sunday morning.
- Early check in will be available on Saturday, May 1st from 5:00 - 6:30pm at Homewood Suites in Portsmouth.
- Day of event check in will be located at Cisco Brewers Portsmouth beginning at 6:00am.
- You must turn in $200 in pledges and your bike inspection form to complete the check in process.
- You will receive the following items as part of your check in materials:
- - Bib, helmet and bike frame numbers (must be worn at all times while riding)
- - Hand held map/queue sheet for your assigned route (25, 50 or 100 miles)
- - Colored ribbon for handle bars (this will correspond with the colored markings for your assigned route)
A team captain gathers together friends, family and co-workers. Each team captain helps guide their team members, from online registration, to setting and achieving their fundraising goal, to seeing them through to the finish line. Being a team captain is a fun and rewarding experience. Are you ready to make Every Mile Count? as a team captain today.
- Anyone can create a team. An “official” Cycle the Seacoast team consists of a captain and a four or more additional team members, but you can have any size team you want.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Community, or Friends and Family.
- You have the option to create a new CTS team by registering yourself as the Team Captain.
- You may join a team that has already been created by searching by team name here at the time of registration.
- All individuals on a team are required to raise the $200 minimum each ($100 for ages 7 - 17, $400 for Family of 4 (2 Adults/2 Children)).
No, the registration fees and fundraising minimum are per individual. There are no additional fees for creating a team.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association to raise funds and awareness of healthy lungs and air.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
Yes! We have several tools available to help team captains: from creating a team page, to helping additional team members register to join the event, and to ensuring your team fundraising goal is met.
- Mobile App: Download our mobile apps for Apple and Android devices to fundraise and communicate with your teammates on-the-go!
- Emails:We'll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with email templates that are tailored to help you with recruitment and fundraising.
- Internal kick-offs and informational meetings: We're happy to work with you to have a memorable team kick-off to get your team all fired up!
Our local staff members are here to support you and your team with any questions. We are here to help you be successful in your fundraising efforts and to have FUN!
Thanks to the generous support of people like you, the American Lung Association saves lives by fighting for healthy lungs and healthy air. Today, our fight is more important than ever, and 86 cents of every dollar raised by our organization goes directly to education, research and advocacy.
A matching gift is where a company matches an employee's contribution to a charitable organization, like the American Lung Association. Make your donations go even further with a matching gift today!
Use our company search tool below to see if your company offers a matching gift program, as well as find information on how to get started.
If your company is not listed, contact your Human Resource department for more information because some companies without a formal program may still match your gift.
Donations can be sent to the American Lung Association office (Make sure to include a pledge sheet with any donations mailed in.):
2021 Cycle the Seacoast
c/o American Lung Association in NH
122 State St
Augusta, ME 04330
If you are part of a team, please be sure to include your name and team name.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth will be offering a discounted room block to Cycle the Seacoast participants! Homewood Suites is conveniently located just a couple miles from the start line at Cisco Brewers Portsmouth. There is a bike rack available for storage and bikes are allowed in guest rooms.
Visit their website to book your room for Saturday, May 1st. Early check in and Winner's Circle is held at Homewood Suites on Saturday which makes it even more convenient for you! Use code AML when booking the room online or call 603-427-5400 and ask for the group rate for the ALA and Cycle the Seacoast. There are limited rooms available in the room block and you must book your room by April 15th to take advantage of the discount so make sure to call early!
If you have other questions, please contact our Special Events staff.