A team consists of a captain and a minimum of three additional team members. A team may have more than one captain, which is a great way to share responsibilities. Corporate teams are classified as Division A (1-99 employees), Division AA (100-499 employees), Division AAA (500+ employees). Community teams are classified as church groups, non-profits, or groups of families and friends. Monies raised by individuals on a team combine to make that team's fundraising total.
A team captain gathers together friends, family and co-workers. Each team captain helps guide their team members, from online registration, to setting and achieving their fundraising goal, to seeing them through to the finish line. Being a team captain is a fun and rewarding experience. Are you ready to make Every Step Count? Register as a team captain today.
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness of the need for healthy lungs and air.
- Teammates are your support system during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams show your organization’s philanthropic spirit.
- Company teams create great community visibility
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
We have several tools available to help team captains: from creating a team page, to helping additional team members register to join the event, and to ensuring your team fundraising goal is met.
Our fundraising tips and local staff member will be there to support you with any questions you may have in order to be successful, whether you are participating as a corporate team, a friends and family team, or as an individual.