With safety being our number one priority, we are continuing to monitor current CDC guidelines as well as state/local guidelines.
In light of COVID-19, the 40th Annual Corporate Cup has been reimagined to provide corporate teams and individuals with a variety of participation options.
- The April 18th Corporate Cup 5k/10k Race Day will be a professionally timed 10k/5k event. Corporate Cup Race Day will be limited to 1,500 participants. Our Runner Safety Commitment includes spatial distancing, health screenings, sanitation protocols, and face masks.
- Corporate Cup To-Go is a virtual option that provides an opportunity to support the Corporate Cup your way, on your schedule. Choose between our 10K, 5K, 1 Mile and 100 Yard Dash distances and show your support during our virtual participation period (April 18th May 2nd).
Our corporate team registration packages can be customized to meet your organization’s size, budget and COVID-19 policies.
- Yes, the 10K and 5K, scheduled to take place in person on April 18th, will be timed.
- Corporate Cup To-Go, the virtual participation option, will not be professionally timed, but you can report your finisher time to qualify for an award.
The American Lung Association is committed to the health and safety of our participants and volunteers. We will continue to closely monitor public health conditions and CDC guidelines as we plan for this year’s event.
Our Runner Safety Commitment includes spatial distancing, health screenings, sanitation protocols, and face masks. Read more about our Runner Safety Commitment.
On event day, all in person participants will be required to complete are health screening survey and show proof of completion at event check in.
Yes! You've been asking, and we heard you.
- Looking for a challenge? To hill or not to hill... on April 18th, choose between two timed distances this year – a 10K and a 5K option will be available!
- Looking for more variety? Participate in the Corporate Cup To-Go! Choose between our 10K, 5K, 1 Mile and 100 Yard Dash distances and show your support during our virtual participation period (April 18th May 2nd).
Information coming soon! Look for emails from CorporateCup@Lung.org or come back to this page for updates.
Start times will be shared with each participant prior to event day. You will receive an email link to the start times. To the best of our ability, teams and families will be scheduled to start at the same time.
Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your start time. This gives you time to park and warm up.
If for some reason you cannot complete the course, someone at the nearest aid station can assist you. In Aksarben Village, the main medical tent is located just beyond the finish line. For the safety of all participants, only those requiring medical assistance will be allowed access into the medical tent.
If you require medical assistance on the race course, please find the nearest volunteer and let them know that you’d like to drop out of the course. Our emergency preparedness team will get you the assistance you need.
Because of the extensive planning and number of volunteers needed for an event of this magnitude, this event will not be postponed due to weather conditions. The Corporate Cup will happen RAIN or SHINE!
In the event that a cancellation or alteration will take place, the American Lung Association will notify you via e-mail. We will also update the home page of our website, and post on our social media channels.
10K or 5K on April 18th: $35 Registration Fee and a required $100 Fundraising Minimum
- First Come, First Served Online Registration there are only 100 available spots!
- Participant Receives: Shirt, Medal, Cup, Timed Race Day, Fundraising and Training Tips
Strong>Corporate Cup To-Go: $20 (Walk, Run, Other On Your Own)
- Participant Receives: Medal, Cup, Fundraising and Training Tips, and Corporate Cup To-Go Activity/Route Suggestions.
- Earned incentives at $100+ Fundraising.
Our corporate team registration packages can be customized to meet your organization’s size, budget and COVID-19 policies. If you are interested in forming a corporate team, please contact Julia McCarville at Julia.McCarville@Lung.org or 402-875-7626.
We are happy to help transfer you to our virtual Corporate Cup To-Go Program. This virtual option allows you to participate your way at the time and location of your choosing while still supporting the Corporate Cup. Once completed, you will not be eligible to reverse the process to run in-person. To transfer to the virtual Corporate Cup To-Go program, please complete our Change Request Form.
- If you are participating on a Corporate Team, and would like to transfer to the in-person event, please contact Heather Johnson Heather.Johnson@Lung.org to review your team’s registration package.
- If you are an individual, not participating on a corporate team, and you are looking to transfer your registration from the virtual Corporate Cup To-Go to the In-Person Corporate Cup, please complete our Change Request Form. Please note that spots are extremely limited, and this may not be an option.
You will be required to pay the difference in registration fees and hit the required fundraising minimum of $100 by the fundraising deadline to be eligible to participate in-person.
The American Lung Association is committed to the health and safety of our participants and volunteers. Therefore, we will continue to closely monitor public local health conditions and CDC guidelines. In order to appropriately protect our participants' well-being and the community at large, the American Lung Association reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or alter the 2021 Corporate Cup.
- If the Corporate Cup event day experience must be wholly altered to a virtual format, your corporate registration package will automatically transition to participation in our Virtual Event.
- Should the Corporate Cup be altered to be a virtual event, corporate and individual registrations will automatically transfer to virtual participation through our Cup To Go program. Registration fees, and any funds raised, will transfer with your registration.
- If the Corporate Cup is canceled or postponed, registration fees will be donated to support the American Lung Association’s mission, or you may request to transfer your registration fee to the next event date.
- If you are on a Corporate Team, there is no minimum fundraising requirement to participate in the Corporate Cup. However, it is a fundraising event and we encourage all participants and teams to raise funds! Kick off your fundraising by making a $40 self donation towards your fundraising goal and receive the official Corporate Cup Tech Tee!
- If you are an individual, not participating on a corporate team, there will be a required fundraising minimum of $100 per person. Participants have until April 1st to raise the money and if, for some reason they haven’t met the minimum they will be moved to our "Corporate Cup To-Go" Virtual Program and the difference in their registration fee will be moved to a tax-deductible donation
The registration fee for the In-Person Corporate Cup on April 18th or the Corporate Cup To-Go does not count toward the fundraising minimum.
Thanks to the generous support of people like you, the American Lung Association saves lives by fighting for healthy lungs and clean air. Today, our fight is more important than ever, and 88 cents of every dollar raised by our organization goes directly to education, research and advocacy.
Donations can be sent to the American Lung Association office:
American Lung Association
c/o Corporate Cup
11225 Davenport Street #101
Omaha, NE 68118
If you are part of a team, please be sure to include your name and team name.
Many companies will offer to match an employee's contribution to a charitable organization. For questions regarding your company’s matching gift programs, please contact your employer’s HR department or community giving department. You can also use our company search tool below to see if your employer offers a matching gift program, as well as find information on how to get started.
Our corporate team registration packages can be customized to meet your organization’s size, budget and COVID-19 policies. If you are interested in forming a corporate team, please contact Julia McCarville - Julia.McCarville@Lung.org or 402-875-7626.
For a team of family and friends, the registration fee and fundraising minimum are per individual. There are no additional fees for creating a team.
Participating on a team is the best way to enjoy the event. The camaraderie of the shared endeavor is priceless, and it is way more fun reaching the top with friends and family cheering you on. Virtual teams are also a great way to engage in your community and achieve a shared goal together while being physically apart.
Teams can be made up of in person participants, virtual Corporate Cup To-Go participants, or a combination of both.
- To form a corporate team, you must contact Julia McCarville Julia.McCarville@Lung.org or 402-875-7626.
- To form a team of family and friends, choose Register as Team Captain. Make sure you have a team name in mind: honor a loved one or make it fun - sky’s the limit!
- After you register as a Team Captain, tell your team members to select Register as a Team Member and to search for your team name to join.
Remember, in person spots are limited, and are on a first come, first served basis.
Yes! We are here to support Team Captains every step of the way. We also have several online tools for fundraising and team member recruitment. Contact Julia McCarville Julia.McCarville@Lung.org or 402-875-7626.
If you have other questions, please contact our Special Events staff.