Together We've Raised…
Our Goal: $55,000.00
Thank you for participating in this year’s Virtual Newark Fight For Air Climb and making every step count!
We are so grateful for your support of our first Virtual Climb. We know it wasn’t always an easy transition, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding over the past few months. It is because of you that we can join the fight against COVID-19 and future respiratory pandemics, while continuing our research and treatment of lung cancer and lung disease.
STRAVA FIGHT FOR AIR CLIMB CLUB WINNERS
Thank you to those of you who logged their activity miles through the Strava Fight For Air Climb Club and congratulations to our winners!!
MOST DISTANCE: WALKING /RUNNING
- 1st Place: Fran Mancinelli
- 2nd Place: Carol Ann Degnan Lipsett
- 3rd Place: Amita Avadhani
MOST DISTANCE: CYCLING
- 1st Place: Derrick Pine
- 2nd Place: Matthew Demjancik
- 3rd Place: Dominique Flores
FASTEST RUNNER: MALE
- 1st Place: Ted Enoch
- 2nd Place: Aiman Sabaawy
- 3rd Place: Matthew Demjancik
FASTEST RUNNER: FEMALE
- 1st Place: Jessica Smith
- 2nd Place: Shari Ciapka
- 3rd Place: Traci Bogan
Thank you to everyone who fundraised and/or donated to our Virtual Climb! Congratulations to our top fundraising individuals and teams!
TOP FUNDRAISERS: INDIVIDUALS
- 1st Place: Serena Joo Arrabito
- 2nd Place: Carol Ann Degnan Lipsett
- 3rd Place: Michael Petrone
TOP FUNDRAISERS: TEAMS
- 1st Place: Team AIRrabito/Momma Iris
- 2nd Place: Survivor Strong
- 3rd Place: The Valley Hospital
We would also like to thank those of you who participated in our weekly challenges from the Fight For Air Climb Passport. We are pleased to announce the winner of the grand prize basket, Ted Enoch!
Ready to get Virtual
In order to make this year’s event as interactive as possible, we’ve created a Fight for Air Climb - Newark Strava Club! Strava is a free application you can download on your smart phone or GPS device to track your miles in support of the American Lung Association. Please note that you must register for the Newark Fight for Air Climb before joining the Strava Club.
Find out more here!
EVERY STEP COUNTS
Beginning May 30th through June 30th, the virtual Fight for Air Climb encourages you to stay active and enjoy time stair climbing, walking, running, cycling, etc. (and practicing safe social distancing) while supporting the work of the American Lung Association. Same mission, just a different place to climb.
Now more than ever the American Lung Association needs your support! The Lung Association just launched the COVID-19 Action Initiative, a comprehensive $25M initiative to end COVID-19 and defend against future respiratory virus pandemics.
This initiative will be used to fund respiratory research, enhance key public health measures through education and advocacy, and establish an advanced network of public and private entities to develop new vaccines, detection tests and treatment therapies, to stop future respiratory virus pandemics.
Please review the details below regarding how you can participate as a Virtual Climber.
- Register today as a virtual participant ($25 fee).
- If you are currently registered for the 2020 Newark Fight for Air Climb, you will automatically be converted to a virtual participant and do not need to register again. If you’d like to adjust your registration to be marked as inactive, please contact Karen.Isky@Lung.org.
- If you are a first responder, join our Strava Club to participate in the First Responders Climb Against COVID Challenge! All current and new first responder registrants can participate in this rigorous competition for the First Responders Climb Against COVID trophy.
- Virtual Climbers can earn their commemorative Fight for Air Climb t-shirt, accomplishment certificate, and commemorative bib! Simply complete the $100 fundraising minimum by June 30th to receive your items.
- Post your pictures and videos on social media using #NJClimb #EveryStepCounts #ClimbAgainstCOVID
For more detailed information on the virtual event, including additional incentives, ways to stay connected and how to communicate with your donors, please check out our FAQs page.