Together We've Raised…
Our Goal: $100,000.00
Ready to get Virtual
In order to make this year’s event as interactive as possible, we’ve created a Cycle the Seacoast Strava Club! Strava is a free application you can download on your smart phone to track your miles as you cycle in support of the American Lung Association.
Find out more here!
Out of an abundance of caution, the American Lung Association has adjusted plans for the 2020 Cycle the Seacoast for the safety of our participants, volunteers, staff and partners. We will not be having a physical event on May 3rd, but we will host a virtual Cycle the Seacoast which you can participate in from now through June 30th. We hope that you will participate in our virtual event and stay connected with us. More details below! View our full press release announcement here.
Every Mile Counts
The 2020 Cycle the Seacoast has gone virtual! Cycling is a great way to improve both your physical and mental health, while giving an extra boost to your immune system. While we may not be physically gathering together to ride along the Seacoast, we challenge you to stay active and encourage you to continue supporting our mission and critical lung health research.
Did you know? Your involvement in Cycle the Seacoast is currently supporting COVID-19 research. American Lung Association researcher Dr. John Schoggins, Ph.D., was recently credited with identifying a naturally occurring protein that has been shown to inhibit coronavirus infection. Thank you for supporting our work.
Questions? Contact Melissa.Walden@Lung.org or 207-624-0306.
2020 Virtual Cycle the Seacoast
How it works:
- Challenge yourself to complete the mileage of your chosen route (25, 50 or 100 miles) by June 30th! Do it at your own pace get those miles in over the course of a week or two, even a month (or more) if needed. You can follow the Cycle the Seacoast route maps (below) if you’d like to cover the original route or choose your own route! Not a cyclist? You do not need to complete the mileage to participate but we still encourage you to get outside and stay active!
- If you are riding as part of this challenge, share your mileage achievements on your social media channels and with donors and friends to encourage continued fundraising support. We’ve created social media graphics for you to use in your participant center!
- Keep us updated! We want to hear from you and chat with you as you ride. Stay active in our Facebook Group and by sharing updates on your personal fundraising page. Utilize the graphics in your participant center as you achieve your mileage goals. Send us photos and let us know when you’ve completed your ride (not required but encouraged): Melissa.Walden@Lung.org.
- Every participant that reaches the fundraising minimum of $200 (or more) by June 30th will receive their 2020 Cycle the Seacoast t-shirt and commemorative medal (plus any earned incentives) in the mail. You are not required to complete any cycling mileage in order to participate in this virtual event.
ROUTE OPTIONS: 25, 50 or 100 miles
2020 Route Maps
Virtual Fees and Fundraising
- Registration Fee: Now only $10 (non-refundable & non-transferable)
- Fundraising Minimum: $200 per person ($100 for ages 7 - 17)
Eastern Mountain Sports
We encourage you to support our official bike shop sponsor, Eastern Mountain Sports. Their physical locations are temporarily closed, but you can still shop on the EMS website for cycling gear.
Check out these resources on the goEast blog for bike maintenance: