TREK SAFE COMMITMENT
It will take our entire Trek community staff, volunteers, and participants to make event day a success. These guidelines could change as we are regularly monitoring local guidelines and will follow the stricter of the policies to ensure optimal lung health for our community.
What to Expect on Trek Day
All participants, volunteers, and staff will be asked to take a digital health screening questionnaire prior to the event.
Masks & Social Distancing
- Masks will be required at the start/finish lines as well as at rest stops and during event transportation.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Hand sanitizer and/or hand washing stations will be available throughout the event.
- Water will be provided in a sealed bottle rather than cups.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently throughout the event.
- We will use increased safety and hygiene practices for staff and volunteers including use of masks, gloves and regular hand sanitization.
What Else Will Be Different?
- Spectators may be limited.
- Participants will be given specific start time to reduce group gatherings.
- Messaging and event announcements will be used to communicate wave starts.
- Arrangements will be made to support a socially distant packet pick-ups.
- On-site packet pick-up may be limited or unavailable at your event.
- Finish line activities will reflect state and local guidelines.
What Are My Responsibilities as a Participant or Volunteer?
Masks & Social Distancing
- Masks will be required at the start/finish lines as well as at rest stops.
- Maintain 6ft of distance between you and others.
- Reduce frequency, proximity, and duration of contact with others.
- Avoid congregating before/after the event.
Need It, Bring It
- Water bottles will be available, but you may also bring your own. Unless restricted by location.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, but you may also bring your own.
- If necessary carry medications or nutrition with you. (example: inhaler, granola bar)
- Bring your own face mask.
- Additional donations in a sealed envelope with participant name, address, and amount on outside of envelope THANK YOU!
Have a Plan for Event Day
- Complete and pass the digital health screening questionnaire.
- Read all emails, social media posts, and event day information.
- Know your start time and the procedures for entering the event.
- Be alert to signage and instructions throughout the event.
- Limit what you bring to the event and have a plan for your gear.
- Ensure fundraising minimum has been achieved and bring any other donations in a sealed envelope THANK YOU!
What if I’ve had the COVID-19 Vaccine?
Achieving widespread immunity through vaccination will be key to ending the pandemic, but it will take time to get there. Even if you are vaccinated, it is critical for all Americans to protect their health and that of their community by continuing to follow public health guidance. All participants, including those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine must abide by the event day guidelines. This includes wearing a mask, social distancing and washing hands thoroughly until enough of the U.S. population is vaccinated to stop the spread of the virus.
Feel Sick? Stay Home
- Any individuals entering the venue must abide by the guidelines listed in our event day digital health screening questionnaire.
Unable to join us in person? Contact us and we can transfer your registration to our virtual RIDE Your Way program.
Despite COVID-19 our mission continues, now more than ever, we appreciate your support by participating in person or virtually to allow us to continue our critical mission.
As your Trusted Champion of Lung Health, we are also committed to fulfilling our promise of responsible recreation. Therefore, the American Lung Association will continue to closely monitor public local health conditions and CDC guidelines. In order to appropriately protect our participants' well-being and the community at large, the American Lung Association reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or alter the 2021 event.
If the event is canceled or postponed, funds raised will support the American Lung Association’s mission. You may request to transfer your registration fee to the next event date, but please note that registration fees are non-refundable.