June 3, 20238:30 AM CT
Children's Mercy ParkKansas City, KS view on map
The Premier Stair-Climbing Event in Kansas City
Whether you're new to stair-climbing or a veteran Climber, you can choose your adventure—how you climb is up to you:
- climb for the top time
- race for your personal best
- take it at your own pace
- climb with friends and family to honor a loved one
We have participant options for every type of Climber, including a special category for Firefighters and First Responders.
LOCAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Online registration will close at noon on June 1st.
On-site registrations will be accepted on Climb day.
Climb times for Fight For Air Climb - Kansas City are posted below:
- Alpha by Team Name - Recently registered? Climb with your team.
- Alpha by Last Name
Know Before you Go Our Event Day Guide has everything you need to know for event day.
Packet Pick-Up Details:
Event Day, June 3rd
Children's Mercy Park
1 Sporting Way
Kansas City, KS 66111
Please plan for additional time to check-in.
Online Registration Closes Thurs., 6/1 @ Noon:
Event day Registration
- Ultimate Climber registration is available at 7am for $55 registration fee + $100 fundraising minimum.
- Regular Climber registration is available from 8:00-9:45am for $45 registration fee + $100 fundraising minimum.
What Else You Should Know:
- Ultimate Climbers - exclusive access to the Pitch from 7:30 - 8:30am. The first lap will be used for timing awards. Recognition will be given to the climber achieving most laps.
- Opening Ceremonies - join us at 8:30am and help cheer our Firefighters as they kick-off the Climb at 9am.
- Regular Climbers - climb times begin immediately following the firefighters. Climb the Pitch one time around for a total of 1,398 stairs. Check-in at the registration tables, grab your packet, make your way up the Concourse Level and warm up for your climb.
- Climb Route - view the climb route map here.
- No gear check - fanny packs or waist belts are permitted but will be searched and must always remain on.
- Post Climb Celebration - toast your climb accomplishment with your team, friends, and family at Granite City, just across the street from Children’s Mercy Park. Complementary food will be provided and special “climb” pricing available on beverages and menu items.
- Spectators - enter Children’s Mercy Park through the Brew House. Check in at the spectators table and be escorted to the best view of the Climb in the Cauldron!
- Parking - free parking is available at Children's Mercy Park in the Red Lot. Click here to review parking directions and a map.
- Weather & Climb Attire
- The Climb will proceed rain or shine.
- Please dress accordingly. All attire must remain with you throughout the climb as there is no gear check.
Please review our event day guide or FAQ Page. If you have any questions, please contact us at Tammy.Rock@lung.org or 913.353.9166.
Do Good, Feel Great
- You are supporting people with lung disease who are fighting for every breath.
- You are stepping up for clean air across the country and in your community.
- You are doing something positive for yourself and for people in need.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Strengthens more major muscles, including your glutes… you’re welcome!
- Consistent stair climbing as a daily activity helps lower mortality risk.
What You Get
- Every climber receives an official Fight For Air Climb t-shirt.
- A sense of accomplishment in a supportive, celebratory atmosphere.
- A safe, enjoyable event experience with a complimentary pick-me-up snack and water.
Together We've Raised…
- Jeff Kembel - $6,880.00
- Margaret Cox - $6,510.00
- Allison Norton - $6,125.00
- Erik Lund - $5,965.00
- Scott McAdams - $5,500.00
- Melinda Roll - $3,095.00
- Michael Filing - $2,250.00
- Kiran Reddy-Huggins - $2,070.00
- Russ Everhart - $1,710.00
- Bert Maidment - $1,365.00
- Empower - $10,100.00
- Team "AL" For One - $9,205.00
- Jones LUNG LaSalle - $7,315.00
- Blue KC - Live Fearless - $7,060.00
- Hallmark - Climbing for Gold - $5,965.00
- Roll On - $5,305.00
- TEAM BERT - $4,485.00
- Reddy 4 The Climb - $4,070.00
- FASt Steppers - $2,310.00
- Affinis Corp - $1,848.00
Why We Need You in the Fight
In March of 2020, the American Lung Association launched a $25 million initiative to end COVID-19 and defend against future respiratory virus pandemics. At the same time, we're continuing our advocacy work to support clean air and redoubling our long-term commitments to lifesaving research.
Over the last 12 years, the Climbers have raised more than $71 million to support the mission of the American Lung Association.
Join us. Because Every Step Counts and every step makes a difference.
Get news and updates by following us on social media.
National Climb Partner for Healthy Air
National Corporate Team Partner
Join the Fight For Air Climb and raise funds to support the mission of the American Lung Association.
Support the fundraising efforts of someone participating in this event.
Make a donation by searching for a event participant using all or part of their first, last, team, or company name.