The 2021 Trek Across Maine will be adjusted to an at-your-own-pace virtual ride! While we will not ride together on Father’s Day Weekend, we will challenge ourselves to stay active all summer, and ride as many miles as possible towards our mileage goal and continued to support the mission and critical lung health research.
As I climb one of those grueling hills and my lungs feel like they are about to explode, I remind myself how privileged I am to have healthy lungs that allow me to do such activities…something millions of others will never experience due to their lung disease. I leverage this feeling to push through it and crest that hill…only to prepare to attack the next one, and the next one…because I can!
In 2018 you helped raise $4,300
In 2019 you helped raise $6,200 (4th top fundraiser!!!)
In 2020 you heroically gave $4,400 to my ride, amidst a global pandemic and financial hardships for many of us. (6th top fundraiser!!!)
In 2021 we will blow away all previous fundraising achievements...I NEED YOUR HELP!
I hope you will sponsor me this year and raise your contribution if you sponsored me last year! :)
Why We Ride
The Trek Across Maine will celebrate its 37th anniversary in 2021 with a virtual event experience. As the largest fundraising event of its kind in the nation for the American Lung Association, the Trek has raised more than $29.5 million in the past 36 years. This year funds raised by the Trek Across Maine continue to support our COVID-19 Action Initiative with three main focus areas:
- To provide free lung health education and masks to those in need.
- To protect public health by advocating for COVID and flu vaccines in underserved communities of color.
- To prevent future outbreaks by investing in respiratory virus research.
- There are 36 million Americans suffering from lung diseases, like COPD, asthma and lung cancer — the #1 cancer killer in the United States. As cyclists, you know how important it is to have healthy lungs and clean air to breathe.
By donating you’ll also be supporting:
- Life-saving research
- Education for patients and families
- Advocacy for clean air and protection from harmful air pollution
Thank you for supporting healthy lungs and clean air, because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters.