I have committed to join thousands of other cyclists and the American Lund Association in a journey across Maine on Father's day weekend while raising money to support the fight against lung cancer, COPD, Asthma and other serious lung diseases. Among my goals is to increase awareness about the improtance of Lung Health.
For the past three years I participated as a Cyclist in The Trek Across Maine and found the experience gratifying on so many levels. First of all, I love honoring my Dad who died in 1989 from Cancer of the throat that metastasized to his Liver and Lungs - all brought on by the effects of smoking. Secondly, I help a great organization raise money for a great cause and thanks to all who donated was rewarded with my second American Lung Association Winner's Circle Jersey. I can't tell you how proud I am to wear my Jerseys and be part of such a great cause. Please help me reach my goal of $1100.00 and in doing so help further the fight against Lung Diseases including the one that killed my Father -Lung Cancer. You can make a difference and together we can further the mission of the American Lung Association and literally help people fighting for their next breath. 90% of the funds raised go directly to helping people fighting Lung Disease and the other 10% go to national educational campaigns. Everyone involved volunteers from the riders who give their bikes, legs and heart to the cause to the folks who check us in at the start and congradulate us at the end of our daily rides and everyone inbetween - rest stop staff, support vehichles, mechanics - everyone volunteers. It is truely a sight to behold. Whatever you can give will help -it all adds up! Please join me in my efforts to make a difference by making a personal tax-deductible donation. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
Thank you in advance for you support!