Together We've Raised…
Every Mile Counts
The Trek Across Maine will celebrate its 38th anniversary in 2022. As the largest fundraising event of its kind in the nation for the American Lung Association, the event has raised more than $29 million in the past 37 years.
The Trek Across Maine offers 3 route options, plus a virtual participation option, on Father’s Day Weekend.
- 3 Day Option 180 miles June 17 19, 2022
Starting in Brunswick, travel to Bates College in Lewiston, Colby College in Waterville, and finally back to Brunswick to cross the Trek finish line. There is also an alternate 3 day option that includes riding the Colby Loop on Saturday (more details on registration form).
- 2 Day option 124 miles June 18 + 19, 2022
Start your ride on Saturday at Colby College in Waterville by riding the Colby Loop route. On Sunday, ride with all other cyclists from Waterville to the Trek finish line in Brunswick.
- 1 Day Option 66 miles June 19, 2022
Start your ride at Colby College in Waterville on Sunday morning (parking available) and ride with all other cyclists to the Trek finish line in Brunswick. Transportation back to your car in Waterville is available.
- Virtual Option Cycle Your Way Now through June 19, 2022
We are pleased to continue offering our Cycle Your Way Virtual Trek Across Maine option! Choose how, when, and where you ride as you join thousands of other cyclists in raising funds for the American Lung Association.
Children between the ages of 7 - 12 must ride a tandem or tag-a-long bike with adult guardian. All children under the age of 18 must have an adult guardian with them at all times on the route. Child and guardian are both required to meet the fundraising minimum.
Registration + Fundraising
The registration fee for each option is $25 ($15 for virtual option) through December 31st. Registration fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and do not count towards fundraising minimum.
- 3 Day Option - $550 fundraising minimum ($400 for ages 7 17)
- 2 Day Option - $400 fundraising minimum ($300 for ages 7 17)
- 1 Day Option - $250 fundraising minimum ($200 for ages 7 17)
- Cycle Your Way Virtual Option - $250 fundraising minimum
Why We Ride
The Trek Across Maine raises funds to support the mission and life saving work of the American Lung Association. We are continuing to support initiatives with focus areas including:
- Our key areas of focus in this initiative are providing free lung health education and masks to those in need, advocating for flu and COVID vaccines, and working to prevent future outbreaks by investing in respiratory virus research.
Tobacco Free Future
- In 2020, we kicked off a national End the Youth Vaping Epidemic initiative, aimed at ending youth vaping with an integrated, multi-component approach to support parents, schools and students.
Defeating Lung Cancer
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer in the United States. Over the past 5 years there has been a dramatic increase in the survival rate of lung cancer from 13% to 22.6% - and the American Lung Association continues to lead in increasing awareness, funding research and providing education for patients and caregivers.
Thank you for supporting healthy lungs and clean air, because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters.
Get news and updates by following us on social media.