The 2020 Trek Across Maine has been adjusted to an at your own pace virtual ride! While we may not be physically gathering together to ride on Father’s Day Weekend, we challenge you to stay active and ride as many miles as you can towards your mileage goal (60, 120 or 180 miles) and continue supporting our mission and critical lung health research.
TREK 2018 was my first attempt, ever, at anything of this magnitude...now I am hooked!!!
In 2018 I helped raise $4,300
In 2019 I helped raise $6,200 (4th top fundraiser!!!)
In 2020 can we do even better???
What will I do to earn your donation to "Cycle for Air?"
- I will join 1,700 bikers who gathered for this amazing event
- I will bike a total of 181 miles in three days across the hills of Maine
- I will climb a cumulative 8,286 feet
- I will burn 11,300 calories
- I will pedal for a total of 10 hours
- I will consume an amazing amount of Gatorade, PBJ sandwiches, bananas, Nutella, pizza, pasta, potatoes, oranges, eggs...
- I will sleep in dorm rooms at Bates and Colby
- I will wake up at 5 am and collapse asleep around 9pm
- I will endure cramps, heat, burning legs and thighs, thirst and thrills
I hope you will sponsor me this year and raise your contribution if you sponsored last year! :)