Fight For Air Climb Teams, ideally made up of a minimum of four team members, are comprised of corporations, friends, families, and first responders all climbing for those who have been affected by lung disease. Once you register you will have access to tools to help ensure you have a great team experience.
What is a team?
- Ideally, a team consists of a captain and a minimum of three additional team members.
- Teams can be classified as Corporate (meaning that they are representing a company or organization), Friends and Family, or First Responder.
Does forming a team cost more?
- No; the registration fees and fundraising minimum are per individual. There are no additional fees.
Are teams more fun?
- Teams provide a way for groups to get involved with the American Lung Association and raise awareness of healthy lungs and air.
- Teams provide a support mechanism for members during the training and fundraising season.
- Teams allow organizations to show their philanthropic spirit.
- Team participation creates great community visibility for a company or organization.
- A team provides great motivation to reach a personal fitness goal while enjoying time with others.
What tools are in place to assist the Team Captain?
- Web tools: As a participant, you have access to your Participant Center which has great online tools that you and your team members can use to send email messages, request and track donations, and monitor your progress. It's a great way to collect donations quickly! Encourage each team member to update their Personal Page with why they Climb.
- Mobile Apps: Download our mobile apps for Apple and Android devices to fundraise on-the-go!
- Emails: We'll help you through the process of being a team captain by providing you with emails tailored to help you with recruitment and fundraising.
- Internal kick-offs and informational meetings: We're happy to work with you to have a memorable team kick-off to get your team all fired up!
Our fundraising guide and local staff member will be there to support you with any questions you may have in order to be successful, whether you are participating as a corporate team, a friends and family team, or as an individual.
Most importantly, don't forget to keep the FUN in FUNdraising! There is nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in someone's life whether you have a personal connection or you are participating for all those affected by lung disease. You and your team are making a real difference – together!
Some key things you will have access to when you register:
- On-line fundraising
- Social media tools