Date: June 20-21, 2014
Pacific University, Hillsboro Campus
222 SE 8th Avenue
Hillsboro, OR 97123
(Link to Map)
Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Care Managers, and Health Educators
The COPD Educator Institute is a two day course for healthcare professionals to learn best practices in COPD management and patient care. The aim of the course is to reduce hospital readmissions and improve patient outcomes, with specific attention given to COPD self-management, smoking cessation, pulmonary rehabilitation, medication guidelines and patient adherence, and patient education resources.
- Learn how to provide guidelines-based care to COPD patients
- Acquire the skills necessary to be an effective COPD Educator
- Participate in a hands-on skill building session to learn and teach correct techniques for using medications and devices to manage COPD such as inhalers, spacers, peak flow meters, mucus clearance devices, and patient relaxation techniques
- Interact with experts and peers involved in COPD education
- Learn about outstanding COPD resources and program
- Earn Continuing Education Units
Registration includes continental breakfast and lunch. Please note that overnight accommodations are not included.
Early Bird Registration: $200
Register April 29, 2014 to receive the early bird special.
General Registration Fee: $225
Starts April 30, 2014
This is an inaugural training, and limited to only 50 participants.
For more information contact,Tiffany Belser at 503-718-6141 or email@example.com