November 12, 2012
The Healthy Lung Expo is a program designed for patients and healthcare providers to learn more about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung health. Speakers from a variety of fields will present the latest trends, resources, and research on topics that have the most impact on those whose lives are touched by these conditions.
Continuing Education Credits
This Healthy Lung Expo has been designed to meet continuing education requirements for a variety of health care professionals. Objectives and a certificate of attendance will be available for nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and others desiring continuing education credits.
The activity was designed to meet the needs of the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 7.2 contact hours. It is the licensee's responsibility to determine whether a current nursing certificate, a continuing education activity, or a professional activity meets the continuing education requirements.
This program has been designed to provide 6 contact hours and meets the requirements of the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice for respiratory care practitioners.
This program has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy for 6 contact hours Exhibits
Cancellations: Cancellations must be received by November 5th to be eligible for a refund, less a $20 administrative fee. No refunds will be made after November 5th. Substitutions are permitted. If you must cancel, please call 651-227-8014.
Attire: Please dress comfortably. Professional casual is welcome. Since conference rooms can vary in temperature, you may want to dress in layers.
Oxygen Refills —Patients
Oxygen refills will be available to attendees, courtesy of Airgas Puritan Medical.
Ask the Doctor
Please submit your questions on the registration form. We will give these questions to our guest physician to answer for the audience.
More Information/ Special Requests
Participants with special need requests should contact Cheryl Sasse at 651 227 8014 or email@example.com by November 5th. We are here to make sure you are safe and comfortable
At the end of the professional conference, learners will be able to:
- Identify the elements of the new gold for staging copd and report the significance of spirometry in COPD diagnosis. guidelines
- Describe current trends and control recommendations for pertussis
- Identify essential components of a multidisciplinary lung cancer program and realize the necessary elements of an expedited, systematic and consistent diagnostic work-up for lung cancer.
- Understand the emotional impact for those living with chronic lung disease.
- Recognize the clinical characteristics that differentiate individuals with IPF from individuals with other types of lung diseases and be familiar with appropriate interventions and resources to meet the unique needs of IPF patients.
- Define and utilize treatment options in the management of smoking cessation
- Identify the appropriate patient for bronchial thermoplasty.