HTC Race Entry Prize
In honor of our 6th year, you can climb “Big Pink” up to 5 times! You also have four options to select from depending on your fitness level. The Climb in one stairwell is 40 floors. You can choose to do the second stairwell once you ride the elevators back to the lobby and go for 80 floors. If that’s not enough for you, there is the opportunity to do 120, 160 or 200 floors! Water stops will be provided in both stairwells to ensure you stay hydrated.
The Fight For Air Climb is a stairclimb event or as some like to call it a “vertical foot race.” This is a timed event that can be done by family members of all ages as well as the serious “elite” athletes. Stair climbing is easy on the joints and has lower impact compared to walking. It’s a total body workout which involves your legs, lungs, heart and upper body.
There are six categories to choose from:
- Climber: This group will make up the majority of our participants. This is for those who want to have fun and enjoy their climb for a good cause.
- Elite Climber: If you're a competitive stair climber or you are an athlete who likes to compete, this is your category.
- Fire Fighter: Fire Fighters that will participant in Full Gear
- Law Enforcement: Law Enforcement that will participant in Full Gear
- Other First Responders: Military or EMT's that will participate in full gear.
- Virtual Climber: This is for those who want to raise awareness and funds, but cannot attend. They can even join a team!
By joining the Fight for Air Climb, you are helping to make a positive impact in the lives of those affected by lung disease. Participants raise funds to support the mission of the American Lung Association while training to climb the stairs of a skyscraper, stadium, or other landmark building. Make the most of your experience and climb as a part of a team. Teams consist of friends, family and co-workers who want to help raise awareness and funds to support research, patient programs and advocacy efforts. You can climb as an individual, but climbing as a part of a team increases the impact you can make!
We encourage you to start today and are here to help you, from the first step in your Climb all the way to the top. Contact us with questions or for more information.