Oakland Freedom From Smoking® Facilitator Training
Freedom From Smoking® group clinics are led by certified facilitators trained by the American Lung Association. The training teaches facilitators how to lead the seven-week, quit-smoking clinics and use methods proven to help those who smoke create a plan to successfully quit.
The facilitator training helps participants understand the quitting process. Through lectures and group activities, participants learn the concepts, philosophy, materials and techniques used in our seven-week Freedom From Smoking® program. Those who successfully complete the training will be certified by the American Lung Association as Freedom From Smoking® Facilitators
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
Most ex-smokers say quitting was the hardest thing they have ever done – and it's the most important for good health. So if you are looking for a way to make the most difference in someone's life, this is it.
Qualifications to become a Certified Facilitator:
- Be someone who has not used any tobacco product in the last year
- Be experienced in and comfortable with facilitating groups
- Knowledge of tobacco prevention education &/or treatment (preferred)
- Attend the one and a half day Freedom From Smoking® Facilitator Training Workshop
- Purchase a Freedom From Smoking® license
- Complete and abide by the Facilitators Agreement Form
- Conduct at least 1 clinic every 2 years
Freedom From Smoking® Clinic Expectations:
- The facilitator is responsible for providing each Freedom From Smoking® clinic participant with their own participant workbook.
- Materials/participant packets are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
- Materials/participant packets are ordered from your local American Lung Association (Please request a price list).
- Participant packet includes:
- Participant Handbook (88 pages), printed in four-color and is filled with activities/worksheets
- Relaxation CD which contains exercises that can be used with FFS and other ALA programs for adults
Additional one-on-one support is available to certified facilitators by the American Lung Association's Lung Helpline. The nurses, respiratory therapists and quit specialists can provide additional guidance and resources to help facilitators lead successful clinics.
The cost of the two-day facilitator training is $350. (Training cost does not include licensing fee or clinic materials. For more information about the licensing fee, please contact Renee Sankus at 916-585-7675.)
|Early Bird Discount: Register before September 30, 2014 and receive a discount of $25.|
|Please note there will be no refunds given for cancellations after October 10th.|
|*The participant fee covers:|
|Through a password-protected website, certified facilitators will have access to:|
|When:||October 27 - 28, 2014|
|Time:||October 27: 9 AM – 4 PM|
|October 28: 9 AM – 1:30 PM|
*This training covers tobacco cessation best-practices as well as Freedom From Smoking® program implementation. In order to receive all the benefits of this training and to host Freedom From Smoking® Clinics at your site post-training, you or your organization must purchase a Freedom From Smoking® license prior to the training. Participants who do not wish to implement the program or purchase a licensing agreement will receive tobacco cessation materials only.
To register for this training, please contact Renee Sankus at 916-585-7675 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Click here for a map|