Asthma Educator Institute, Long Island, NY 2014
Registration is now closed
The Asthma Educator Institute
Long Island, NY
The Asthma Educator Institute is a two-day professional development course for clinicians committed to providing National Institutes of Health (NIH) asthma guidelines-based care. The Institute also serves as a preparatory course for those qualified to take the National Asthma Educator Certification Board (NAECB) exam. The American Lung Association Asthma Educator Institute was developed in January of 2003 and was recently updated to reflect the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Expert Panel Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma.
Course Objectives & Agenda
- To prepare participants to provide NHLBI and NAEPP guideline directed asthma care to patients, families and health care providers across all settings.
- To identify the various roles of the asthma educator.
- To help prepare participants to pass the National Asthma Educator Certification Board exam.
- To network with health care providers/educators and organizations surrounding asthma care and asthma care policies.
|Nurses||Masters Prepared or C.H.E.S. Health Educators|
|Respiratory Therapists||Social Workers|
|Pharmacists||AE-C’s preparing for recertification|
- Education Principles for a partnership in Asthma
- Asthma Overview
- Factors Contributing to Asthma Exacerbations
- Barriers to Adherence & Compliance: Behavioral, Cultural & Other Challenges
- Asthma Medicine Devices & Demonstration
- Pharmacological Therapy
- Patient and Family Assessment
- Asthma Action Plan: Management Plan Development
- Your Role As an Asthma Educator: Professional Issues/ Professional Practices
- NAECB Exam Preparation
Registration is now closed.
The program will be held at:
250 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11550
Thursday, May 29 2014, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday, May 30, 2014, 8:30am - 5:00pm