2014 Camp Breathe Easy Midlands
Saturday, May 3, 2014 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
1041 Harbor Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169
This one day camp for children ages 7 to 14 with asthma and their parents provides fun activities and education for the children and parents about issues surrounding asthma management. Through the day’s activities, children will learn to understand and manage their illness while improving their self-esteem.
- To improve the physical condition and psychological outlook of the child with asthma.
- To educate the parent, child, and community about asthma and how to deal with it.
- To improve self-management skills.
Children will attend an educational session, during which they learn asthma management techniques. Parents will also attend the American Lung Association’s Asthma 101 program. Asthma experts will be on hand to answer any questions about asthma, and parents will also take home an Asthma 101 Resource booklet. We will have fun activities for children and adults. This fun-filled, educational day will also include:
- Free lunch
- Drawings for giveaways for parents including Walmart gift cards and prizes for children
- Peak flow meters and spacers for all children
- T-shirts (must register early)
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and donors, this opportunity and all activities and giveaways are FREE!