COPD Educator Institute, January 30-31, 2014
Calling All COPD Educators!
Including Respiratory Therapists, Care Managers, and Health Educators
Do you want to reduce hospital readmissions and improve patient outcomes?
Attend the American Lung Association in California COPD Educator Institute!
The American Lung Association in California COPD Educator Institute (COPD EI) is a two-day professional development course for healthcare professionals to learn best practices in COPD management and patient care.
When: January 30 and 31, 2014; 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Where: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian,1 Hoag Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92663 Map
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to provide guidelines-based care to COPD patients
- Acquire the skills necessary to be an effective COPD Educator
- Participate in a hands-on skill building session to learn and teach correct techniques for using medications and devices to manage COPD such as inhalers, spacers, peak flow meters, mucus clearance devices, and patient relaxation techniques
- Interact with experts and peers involved in COPD education
- Learn about outstanding COPD resources and programs
- Earn Continuing Education Units
$250* Student Rate
*Students need to complete this registration form and include a copy of their student ID.
Includes comprehensive take-home materials, continental breakfast and lunch. Please note that overnight accommodations are not included.
This is an inaugural statewide training, and limited to only 100 participants.
For more information, contact Jennifer Paul at 310-735-9179 or Jennifer.Paul@lung.org.