EVENT DAY REMINDERS
- Don't Forget the Fight for Air Ride will kick-off promptly at 8:00am at McHenry County College.
- If you are a 3-Day Rider, please arrive at McHenry County College between 7:00am-7:30am on your start day.
- If you are a 2-Day Rider, please arrive at McHenry County College no later than 7:15am on your start day.
- We ride rain or shine. Be prepared for inclement weather. Don't forget to add sunscreen to your list.
- Bring a water bottle - we'll have water and sports drinks at the rest stops to refill them.
- We will have SAG vehicles on the route for safety and assistance. Official Fight for Air Ride vehicles will have a yellow flag on their cars.
- Food will be provided along the route, but make sure you are hydrated, fueled and prepared to ride to the first rest stop when you arrive at McHenry County College.
- Parking this year will be in Lot C of McHenry County College.
CHECK-IN & FUNDRAISING MINIMUMS
- Riders must meet their fundraising minimum by the first day of their Ride. If you have not met your fundraising requirement, you will be asked to present a credit card, cash, personal check or turn-in donations to reach your fundraising requirement. Fundraising minimums will be determined based upon the number of team members registered as of Wednesday, June 7th. View fundraising minimum requirements.
- Please turn in donations at check-in, sealed in an envelope with your name and total on the outside at registration.
- Please fill out the pledge form to turn in with your pledges in order for us to properly thank your donors. Full addresses, including zip codes are needed!
- You will leave your car parked in LOT C of McHenry County College. A parking pass will be provided for your car at check-in.
- Your luggage will be collected at the McHenry County College and transported to the Abbey Resort for you when you arrive.
THE ABBEY RESORT
- In order to check in when you arrive at the Abbey Resort, you must provide your credit card for any possible incidentals. Please be prepared to present your credit card when you check-in at the Abbey.
Cycle the rolling hills of northern Illinois and around the lakes of southern Wisconsin. Each participant will enjoy the beautiful scenery as they ride 150 miles in support of the American Lung Association. Ride for a personal achievement, a new cycling experience or to honor a loved one affected by lung disease.
Whatever your reason, your ride will make a difference in the Fight For Air! Whether you're a 2-Day or 3-Day Rider, each participant will begin their adventure at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake, IL. Each night, luxury accommodations are provided at the Abbey Resort and Spa in Lake Geneva, WI.
You’ll have the ability to customize your Personal Webpage and share your reason for riding, send emails to ask others to join you, and even download Facebook and smart phone apps. We are here to help you, from the first pedal in your ride all the way to the finish line!
Contact us as we are here to help answer any questions you may have.