Frequently Asked Questions
- You have the option to register as an individual or join a currently existing team.
You may also be added to a team at a later date by simply
contacting ALA with your request. Email: TrekAcrossMaine@LungNE.org
- Registration fee of $65 is due at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You will receive your 1st Trekker Mailing within two weeks of registration. This will include your trekker number and ID card. If you do not receive this packet within two weeks, please
contact us to have it re-sent.
If you have to drop out of the ride pre-event, simply contact us to let us know. Your registration fee cannot be transferred to another rider or to the next year. If you have pledges in your account, they may be transferred by calling Chrystal. Also, if you're unable to join us all 3 days, but still want to participate, please call Chrystal to make alternate arrangements at 207-624-0312.
- You have the option to create a new Trek team by registering yourself as the Team Captain. Get more info on Trek teams.
- You may join a team that has already been created by searching by team name.
- All individuals on a team are required to raise the $550 minimum each.
- Every individual riding the Trek is required to raise
$550 ($400 for ages 7 - 17) in order to participate.
This applies to riders that are a part of a team as well. 2 Day participants are required to raise $450.
- Donations are accepted online via credit card or through mailed checks (accompanied by a pledge sheet) to the ALA office:
American Lung Association
122 State Street
Augusta, ME 04330
- For fundraising requirements and additional tips, see our
Trek Requirements Guide.
- You have the option to purchase a bus ticket for transportation to the Sunday River on Thursday, June 15 and back to your car on Sunday, June 18. Both one-way and round-trip options are available.
- Tickets will be available for purchase starting April 1, 2017 and closing June 1, 2017.
No tickets will be sold after June 1 - no exceptions.
- No persons will be allowed on a bus without their pre-purchased ticket.
- Bus departure locations are located around the state of Maine, including the following areas:
- Belfast (one-way tickets only)
Event Check In (Trek Weekend):
NEW: All Thursday activities have been moved to the South Ridge Logde at Sunday River. Please review our 2017 Sunday River Grid for new locations and times for Thursday events. The flow of Thursday evening activities will be different than in past years, please review our 2017 Sunday River Flow to see how it affects you.
- All cyclists are required to complete check in with the ALA at Sunday River prior to the start of the ride.
- NEW: Check in will be located at the South Ridge Lodge from 3:00pm - 9:00pm on Thursday, June 15 and 6:00am - 9:00am on Friday, June 16.
- You must turn in $550 in pledges, watch and sign off on the Trek Safety Video, and submit signed safety waivers and inspection forms to complete your check in process.
- You will receive these items as part of check in:
- Bib, helmet and bike frame numbers (must be worn at all times while riding)
- Hand held route map/queue sheet
- Luggage tags for your bags (2 per person or 3 if you are camping)
- Meal bracelet
You are not required to check in at Sunday River on Thursday, but you must complete a check in with the American Lung Association staff Thursday evening if you decide to stay at Sunday River on Thursday. If you are arriving on Friday, you can check in on Friday morning before you begin your ride.
Your bike will be stored for you in a secure location (security personnel provided) at each overnight location for the Trek (Thursday through Saturday night).
Bikes will be out in the open weather - please prepare accordingly!
- Your luggage will be transported to and from each Trek facility by volunteers starting on Friday morning at Sunday River through Sunday morning in Belfast.
- You are allowed two bags weighing
no more than 25lbs each.
Remember, volunteers have to lift and move these bags all weekend, and you have to carry them at the end of each day!
must place your provided Trek luggage tags on your bags. This will ensure they are placed in the right location for you to pick up at the end of each day.
- Additionally, please include personal identification on your bags, including your name and cell phone number. This is extremely helpful for ALA staff that might need to contact you in the event that your bag is waiting to be picked up at the end of the day.
- Your luggage row is written on your meal bracelet.
Need to know how ship your bike to Maine? Contact Gale at Gale.Auclair@lung.org
The Trek provides meals throughout Trek weekend for all registered cyclists and volunteers.
- Friday: light lunch & cafeteria dinner
- Saturday: cafeteria breakfast, light lunch & cafeteria dinner
- Sunday: cafeteria breakfast & catered lunch
- Guest meal tickets can be pre-purchased for Sunday only. Tickets will be available for purchase on our website from April 1, 2017 to June 1, 2017.
No tickets will be sold at the Trek.
We will publish the 2017 route maps on our website by May 15, 2017. We try to keep the mileage as close to 180 miles as we can each year, but due to construction projects and road hazards, the mileage may vary slightly from year to year.