About the Ride
2018 Trek Across Maine - Basic Volunteer Information
Date: June 15 - 17, 2018
Start Location: Sunday River Ski Resort - Newry, ME
Finish Location: Steamboat Landing - Belfast, ME
Registration: There is NO registration fee for volunteers. (Trekker registration fee is $65.)
Fundraising: There is NO fundraising required for volunteers. You are more than welcome to fundraise to support the ALA if you choose to do so, but you will not be required to turn in any money in order to participate as a volunteer.
7 years and up. Children under the age of 18 are required to have an adult guardian with them at all times.
Volunteers are required to provide their own transportation throughout the weekend. We will not have shuttling service available to and from facililies for volunteers. Please make arrangements to drive your own vehicle or to carpool for the weekend if necessary.
Cyclist Riding Route:
- Day 1: Sunday River to UMF (approx. 60 mi)
- Day 2: UMF to Colby College (approx. 60 mi)
- Day 3: Colby College to Belfast (approx. 60 mi)
- Dorm - Dorm beds are available for volunteers if requested.
- Camping - Volunteers are required to provide their own tent and equipment. Free space
available to camp at UMF and Colby College. No pop up campers or RV's
- Gym/Fieldhouse -
Volunteers provide their own sleeping bag/mat and claim an area on the
floor of the gym or fieldhouse at UMF and Colby College.
- Other Arrangements / Off Campus
- Volunteers have the option to make their own rooming arrangements. If this option is chosen, no housing arrangements will be made for you by the ALA.