Quit Smoking for good with the Freedom From Smoking program!
The American Lung Association in Oregon is offering a special stop-smoking clinic for pet owners! Did you know that secondhand smoke is harmful to your pet? Recent medical research shows that cats and dogs living with people who smoke risk developing cancer, allergies and other illness from secondhand smoke. Quitting tobacco is one of the best things you can do for your health and the health of your pets!
Learn how to create a personalized plan to overcome your tobacco addiction...so you can start enjoying the benefits of better health.
- Small group setting
- Fun, interactive learning environment
- Participant workbook and other informative materials provided
- Medicines that can help you stop smoking
- Lifestyle changes that make quitting easier
- Preparing for Your Quit Day
- Managing stress
- Avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self image
- Staying smoke-free for good
- Information about protecting your pets from secondhand smoke
Registration is now open for our next class, which is open to all members of the community.
What you should know:
- Each Freedom From Smoking class is 90 minutes in length and will be held from 4:30-6:00 PM at the American Lung Association in Oregon's office (7420 SW Bridgeport Rd, Ste. 200, Tigard).
- Eight classes are held over a 7-week time period (two classes will be held during Quit Day week).
- Total cost to attend: $140.00 per participant, which includes all course materials. Those who sign up with a friend are eligible to join for half price!
Classes will be held from 4:30-6:00 PM on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 2nd
- Wednesday, March 9th
- Wednesday, March 16th
- Wednesday, March 23rd (Quitting Ceremony)
- Friday, March 25th *please note additional class for this week!
- Wednesday, March 30th
- Wednesday, April 6th
- Wednesday, April 13th
Sign Up Today!
Look what happens when you quit!
In just 20 minutes:
Your blood pressure drops
In just 8 hours:
The oxygen level in your blood returns to normal
In just 1 day:
Your chance of a heart attack decreases
In just 2 days:
Your ability to taste and smell is enhanced
In just 2 weeks:
Walking becomes easier and your lung function increases
In just 1 year:
Your extra risk of coronary heart disease drops to half that of a smoker